FermatPRP vs. M-R

James Wanless bearnol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:17:53 CET 2011

(Seems I sent this from my wrong email address first :)

In case you're wondering ;-)
M-R calculates its probabilities in the wrong (reverse) direction to what
one needs.
And as anyone who knows Bayes' theorem understands, if something works
better in the wrong/reverse direction, then that means it will work _worse_
in the correct direction.
(Incidentally the same applies to the results of recent tests into
cancer/cellphones)