Dual-license GPLv2+/LGPLv3+?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Mar 15 10:06:59 CET 2011

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

  I noticed that this issue had been discussed on gnu-prog-discuss and
  that RMS and Karl updated the maintainers guide based on that discussion
  to use dual GPLv2+/LGPLv3+, what do you think?

  http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Licensing-of-GNU-Packages

  We could also ask the FSF explicitly about this situation...

I think we should ask them.  I don't feel comfortable just changing the
license without talking to the license owning entity...  I also will
send out a question to key developers.

Perhaps you could contact the FSF?  Please ask them to send their reply
to gmp-devel at gmplib.org.