unable to compile on solaris9

Carlson, Judy jcarlson at cincom.com
Fri Jun 3 15:27:19 CEST 2011

Many thanks, Marc.
Judy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Glisse [mailto:marc.glisse at inria.fr]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 9:26 AM
To: Carlson, Judy
Cc: gmp-discuss at gmplib.org
Subject: RE: unable to compile on solaris9

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Carlson, Judy wrote:

> Can you tell us how to get opencobol's library NOT to link with gmp?

Remove -lgmp (or /.../libgmp.*) from the link line of the library (but
not
from the one of the executable). If you have further questions on
compiling opencobol, please ask them on their forum. Note that compiling

gmp without --disable-shared might be an easier solution, as I wrote in
my previous message.

> We'll try to get gcc downloaded rather than using cc!
>
> Also, should we drop "--build=ultrasparc-sun-solaris2.9 ABI=32" from
the
> gmp configure?

You should probably drop the --build. ABI=32 depends on whether you will

compile a 32 bits or 64 bits opencobol...

--
Marc Glisse