GCC and GMP 5.0.1

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 28 18:44:34 CET 2011

On Friday, February 25, 2011 22:57:11 Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> I'm curious if any distributions have begun shipping with GMP 5?

Gentoo has for just over a year now

> GCC uses GMP internally and there is a concern that the upgrade could
> cause a regression in GCC.  Debian builds on more than a dozen
> architectures and there are a couple of GCC versions current amongst
> the architectures.
>
> Any experience good or bad with building GCC using GMP 5 would
> be appreciated.

i dont recall seeing any bugs related to the 4.3.2 to 5.0.1 upgrade, and
Gentoo builds on just as many arches as Debian ;)

a quick search of the Gentoo bugzilla shows maybe one or two packages that
needed updating, but the respective upstreams have long since shipped updated
packages ...
-mike