Is it possible to compile a 32 bit version of gmp?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Feb 19 19:48:27 CET 2011

Paul van Hoven <paul.van.hoven at googlemail.com> writes:

  I downloaded gmp 4.3.2 to use it on my OS X 10.6 during the gcc
  compilation process. I need gmp to compile in 32 bit but the configure
  script automatically builds a 64 bit version which leads to a
  compilation error when compiling the gcc since it needs a 32 bit
  version. Therefore I would like to know what I have to change in order
  to get a 64 bit version?

You need to change nothing.  The chapter Installing GMP in the GMP
manual is where you find documentation on how to build GMP in various
ways.