GNU bc

Thomas Thomas ricinwich at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 21:07:42 CET 2011

So, I rewrote GNU bc's number system to use GMP to store and manipulate the numeric data, and I'm not sure what I should do with it. I sent it to Phil Nelson [in August], but I probably insulted him with the condition it is in (you need to manually change the make files to include libgmp). On this vein, why doesn't GMP include a fixed-point data type (either decimal or binary)? Is it too trivial for y'all to bother with? It would be handy for currency calculations, like the cost of a loaf of bread in drachmas.