How to Build with MinGW64 on Windows 7

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Dec 7 18:50:37 CET 2011

"Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean at speakeasy.org> writes:

  On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 12:27 +0100, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
  > "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean at speakeasy.org> writes:
  >
  >   I have mingw64 on a windows 7 64 bit system.
  >
  >   I have the source gmp-5.0.2.
  >
  >   configure fails with "cannot compute suffix of executables" although it
  >   determnines the executable is a.exe.

  The windows machine is not connected to the network (and may never be).

  config.log.tar.gz is attached.

  gcc is version gcc (tdm64-1) 4.6.1
  # sh
  # ./config.guess
  i686-pc-mingw32
  # configfsf.guess
  i686-pc-mingw32

Your environment is broken.  A plain gcc invocation fails:

  configure:8657: gcc -o conftest.exe -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -march=pentiumpro   conftest.c
  ./configure: /c/MinGW64/bin/gcc: Invalid argument

I am sure you can reproduce this with manual commands.

You say this is a 64-bit system, but this seems to be a 32-bit system.