Building gmp 32-bit and 64-bit intel binary on Mac OS X 10.6.4

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Sep 13 22:44:36 CEST 2010

Hi Marc,

On Sep 14, 2010, at 12:32 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:

> Note that the header file gmp.h may not be the same in both cases, so you'll have to add some #ifdefs to it if you want a single file.

I managed to build the binaries separately and stitched them together using the lipo tool.

When I did a diff of the gmp.h for i386 and x86_64, it only differs in the following line

#define GMP_LIMB_BITS                      32

#define GMP_LIMB_BITS                      64

What kindof #ifdef should I incorporate in order to make it compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit usage?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson