'make check' failure with disabled shared libraries on Mac OSX 10.6

Hamid G listboss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:05:45 CET 2010

On 11/30/10 10:11 AM, Sam Rawlins wrote:
> Hi Hamid,
>
> What GCC are u using? I have successfully compiled GCC 4.5.1, and
> 4.4.4 from source (not Xcode versions) on my MacBook with OS X 10.6.
>
> I started writing instructions for doing this (a few prereqs) but
> haven't finished. Would these be useful to you?
>
> --
> Sam Rawlins
Hi Sam,

I have tried 4.2.1 (which comes with latest XCode) and 4.5.1 (manually
compiled) with the same outcome ,i.e. it passes the tests when I do NOT
disable the shared libraries otherwise fails.

I followed the instruction from:
http://www.tellurian.com.au/whitepapers/multiplegcc.php
to compile gcc 4.5.1 but your instructions would prove useful too.

Hamid