'make check' failure with disabled shared libraries on Mac OSX 10.6

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Nov 29 23:23:16 CET 2010

Can you confirm that you get exactly one linking failure, for the symbol
'_calling_conventions_save_esi' with the latest build?

The tmp-x86call.s file looks absolutely right.  How it can fail to link
to the one symbol, defined in the C file tests/x86check.c, is a mystery.
There are a bunch of very similar symbols defined in the same C file and
referenced from the assembly file, that apparently works.

I think Apple have again messed things up to trigger the 4th problem
listed here: http://gmplib.org/macos.html

These issues have been known to Apple for many years.  I reported them
around 3 years ago.

I consider this case closed.  Apple bugs are Apple's problem.  I don't
see how we could implement any reasonable workaround for this bug.