macosx extern inline problem

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue May 25 00:23:53 CEST 2010

I don't believe the file format is the problem.
  The file format is certainly complicated, so doesn't seem a.out-ish.
  I think it has changed a lot at various times through the years, probably starting way back at Next, and then maybe more with 10.0, and each revision thereafter. For example "two level namespace" is from around 10.2, "rpath" is from around 10.4, etc.

Changing the compiler switches or source slightly both work.
The problem is Apple gcc 4.0.1 -std=gnu99.

Thanks,
 - Jay