IA64 & HAVE_ABI_64 question

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue May 11 10:39:54 CEST 2010

You have sent many messages not the the gmp-discuss list, but I have not
yet understood if there is any configure problem in GMP.

As you probably know from your work on GCC, it is always better to start
with a complete bug report, not try various things and send a few
sketchy details about the outcome in separate messages.

I have now spent several hours trying to understand what is not working
for you, staring at the GMP configure code, and writing relies.  I have
no more time to spend on zero progress, and I consider the case closed
until I see a self-contained bug report where you clearly state all
asked-for information, and explain in what way you think the current
behaviour is bad.

If it is the case that the documented build methods work correctly but
you would like things to behave differently, then please state that
explicitly.

Please sent the complete report to gmp-bugs at gmplib.org.

Thanks.