-std=gnu99? can it be removed?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Jun 21 09:01:22 CEST 2010

Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> writes:

  Can gmp do without "-std=gnu99"?

We want to be able to (conditionally) use C99 features.

People who wish to use an obsolete and buggy non-standad GCC release
(such as "Apple gcc") need to be willing to implement their own
workarounds for the bugs in these compilers.  I am glad you have found
out how to work around a bug in the particular Apple gcc release you
use!

And no, there are no problems with the FSF base release of said
compiler.  (There are FSF gcc releases that cannot compile GMP, due to
compiler bugs.)