Unresolved external symbol

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Jun 5 17:41:53 CEST 2010

"Chris Saunders" <evas at mountaincable.net> writes:

  I have sent this message to this list before.  There were some
  spelling and formatting errors and have corrected them.  I may have
  received no replies because the question is considered inappropriate
  for this list.

Or you may have received no replies since only 20 hours passed between
your messages.

  I built the GMP 5.0.1 library using MSYS.  I am working on an Eiffel
  language interface to GMP.  My Eiffel compiler translates its code to
  C and then uses cl from the Microsoft Windows SDK v7.0 to compile that
  C code.

  Here is an error I am getting from the C compilation:

  2 C Compiler Error: Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
  ___mingw_vfprintf referenced in function _fprintf libgmp.aThe function
  I was attempting to wrap that is causing this error is mpf_out_str.

  Now mpf_inp_str compiled successfully and so have all the other
  functions. When I built GMP I did do "make check" and all tests ran
  successfully.  I'm hoping someone might know the source of this error?

This is not possible to debug remotely.  Somebody that uses Windoze will
have to debug it, I am afraid.