GMP 5.0.0 released!

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Fri Jan 8 15:59:03 CET 2010

On 01/08/2010 01:02 PM, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
>    * The mpn_bdivmod function has been removed.  We do not consider this an
>      incompatible change, since the function was marked as preliminary.

I did expect this for GMP 5.0.0, however I was a bit disappointed that
no equivalent interface was provided.  As things stand, it is impossible
to do a fast exact division using mpn public functions only.  I can of
course use __gmpn_divexact directly, but I'd rather avoid that.

Would it be possible to make mpn_divexact (and maybe mpn_divexact_1)
public in a future release?

Thanks,

Paolo