[PeerToPatent Australia] Invitation

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Sat Jan 2 00:11:03 CET 2010

Hi,

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> Maybe ship an email to the patent office that handled their request,
> refer to patent number and the GMP library and sit and wait for a few weeks
> what feedback they ship you.

Vincent, is there any reason you don't notify the patent office yourself?

After all, you seem to care (which is good) and you've already made
yourself familiar with that particular application. Please, go and tell
them, but don't wait for someone else to step forward and do so!

If I understand correctly, this is indeed one of the most apparent
"inventions" ever, right? If the FPU's registers are not wide enough,
you have to represent the numbers somehow differently. Well, and if you
care about speed, you gotta use machine words. The rest is maths. So,
the grand idea they came up with is only marginally more sophisticated
than this: ONE CAN REPRESENT DATA USING BITS AND BYTES!

And, yes, software packages like GMP, CLN, PARI, etc, etc. have been
representating numbers in binary using processor words since long. Their
developers had more important things to do than waste their time with
patent trolls.

Bye
    -richy.
--