gmp_and operation ???

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Feb 6 02:16:10 CET 2010

Priti Solanki <pritiatwork at gmail.com> writes:

  Consider following example>

  $m_string='0000';
  $c_string='0011';

  $andresult=gmp_add($m_string,$c_string);

  echo '<br/>Result: '. gmp_strval($andresult);

  the output is "9"

  I need the binary output of above $andresult .I think this is gmp val but if
  i do strval($andresult,2) it show be binary of 9 not the and operation
  result ... if not wrong the and output ashould be '0000'

  i have to perform bitwise and for 288 bits but gmp is not returning me the
  expected output in 4 bits !!!

  Am i wrong somewhere?

I don't know what system you're using, but it surely isn't GMP directly.
Please let us not discuss this non-GMP problem here.