Compiling GMP for Windows CE / ARM processor (cegcc)

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Sep 22 22:07:09 CEST 2009

  I have a problem compiling GMP for Windows CE / ARM processor using CEGCC.
  My aim is to have a DLL at the end, which I can use in my Windows CE
  application.

  Here is what I have done:

  1.) run configure script (Ubuntu Linux): "./configure
  CC=/opt/mingw32ce/bin/arm-mingw32ce-gcc --disable-static --enable-shared
  --host=none --build=core2-pc-linux-gnu"

  It works. If I set "--host=none" generic C-Code is used, or? If I set
  "--host=ARM" it doesn't work. I get an error message. Here the last line
  from configure:

In general, you cannot keep quiet about the target environment, since it
affects things like ABI.  Also, configure will not be able sensibly to
find any compiler tools.

You've probably heard it before: It is usually a good idea to check
documentation before building a package, and an even better idea to read
it before asking for help.

I won't try to talk you through this process, since I believe GMP's
documentation is quite adequate for explaining cross-compilation.

If you, after having read it and tried to follow it, still have
problems, you're of course welcome to ask again!