Announce: GNU MPFR 2.4.2 is released
vincent at vinc17.org
Mon Nov 30 13:44:38 CET 2009
GNU MPFR 2.4.2 ("andouillette sauce moutarde", patch level 2) is now
available for download from the MPFR web site:
It will also be uploaded to INRIAGforge and to ftp.gnu.org in the
next few hours.
Thanks very much to those who sent us bug reports and/or tested
the release candidates.
Changes from version 2.4.1 to version 2.4.2:
- Security fix in formatted output functions (buffer overflow).
- Formatted output functions: 6 is now the default value for
empty precision field with %Rf.
- Better portability of configure script.
- Detection of intmax_t and uintmax_t types.
- Improved documentation: mpfr_get_z_exp, mpfr_strtofr, mpfr_get_str and
formatted output functions.
- Improved message in case of assertion failure.
- Test coverage: 97.0% lines of code.
- Updated tcmp_ld test to really test the long double.
- Some documentation files are installed in $docdir.
- Removed mpfr_init_cache (unused and undocumented function).
- Fixed the way $CC / $CFLAGS are got from gmp.h (__GMP_CC / __GMP_CFLAGS).
- Bug fixes.
- Also note that GCC 4.4.0 (only this obsolete version) does not build
MPFR 2.4.2 correctly; this is detected by "make check" (failures in
tget_z and tpow_all).
You can send success and failure reports to <mpfr at loria.fr>, and give
us the canonical system name (by running the "./config.guess" script),
the processor and the compiler version, in order to complete the
"Platforms Known to Support MPFR" section of the MPFR 2.4.2 web page.
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arénaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
More information about the gmp-discuss