Building GMP for ARM AT91SAM7

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu May 14 13:20:34 CEST 2009

Michał <spock2 at o2.pl> writes:

  OK, I followed your suggestions and modified configure command to:

  ./configure --build=athlon64-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-elf CC=arm-elf-gcc

  This actually produced some errors suggesting wrongly installed arm
  toolchain. The problem was caused by the fact that I did not add
  necessary directories to my PATH. After fixing the problem I have
  successfully ran configure and make. But unfortunately make check
  returns error.

  Could you suggest what causes the problem?

Running ARM binaries on an athlon64 system will not work.
You need to arrange to execute tests on the target machine.

Thses things are somewhat outside what we can assist with, since they
are not directly GMP-related.