Building GMP for ARM AT91SAM7

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed May 13 17:50:14 CEST 2009

Michał <spock2 at o2.pl> writes:

  I am trying to build GMP library for ARM AT91SAM7 microcontroller
  (stand alone without linux). I am working on ubuntu and I have already
  installed GNU ARM toolchain.

  ./configure --build=athlon64-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-elf

  Finishes without errors but when I execute make, I get following errors:

  tmp-add_n.s: Assembler messages:
  tmp-add_n.s:58: Error: no such instruction: `stmfd r13!,{r8,r9,r14}'
  tmp-add_n.s:59: Error: too many memory references for `movs'
  tmp-add_n.s:60: Error: no such instruction: `bcc .Lskip1'
  tmp-add_n.s:61: Error: no such instruction: `ldr r12,[r1],'
  tmp-add_n.s:62: Error: no such instruction: `ldr r14,[r2],'
  Does anyone have any idea what can cause such kind of problem?

ARM assembly chokes an athlon64 assembly.  You need to set up a cross
compilation environment (presumably this is what you call GNU ARM
toolchain), and point GMP to its tools.  GMP will not always
automatically be able to guess the ARM tools path.

See also the section in the GMP manual about cross compilation.