FW: Is GMP safe for using on multi core processors with openmp or pthreads?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Jul 28 18:48:02 CEST 2009

David Carver <dcarver at tacc.utexas.edu> writes:

  Is the GMP mpz routine safe for using on multi core processors with
  openmp or pthreads with the Linux malloc in glibc?

That's a very general question.

There is a section in the GMP manual about reentrany.  Have you read it?
If I understand your question, it should provide a reasonable answer.

  Valgrind is reporting a memory leak in a simple GMP program when
  compiled with GCC 4.4 and -fopenmp

I am sorry, but I am not able to make much sense of the program or the
output.