Building gmp library for the iPhone-Update

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Jul 16 11:45:30 CEST 2009

Pierre-Henri Jondot <mpkju at free.fr> writes:

  Trying to build a gmp library for arm without asm, I replaced arm-
  apple-darwin host with none-apple-darwin (but keeping the arm cross-
  compiler with CC flag) I could  build an arm library.

  That said, I have been unable to build a simple test case, the link
  stage failing with :
  Undefined symbols:
    "___gmpn_invert_limb", referenced from:
        _mpn_mod_1_unnorm in libgmp.a(mod_1.o)
        _mpn_mod_1_norm in libgmp.a(mod_1.o)

Usually, a host cpu of "none" should pass -DNO_ASM.  If you look at the
compiler invokations, didn't that happen?  (The logic for -DNO_ASM is in
the configure script, you can locate it easily.)

(Possibly, the cross-compilation motivated overriding of various
parameters might have inhibited -DNO_ASM.)