Performance analysis of Mul algorithms in the same range

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Sun Jan 4 17:49:27 CET 2009

"Lingchuan Meng" <lingchuanmeng at gmail.com> writes:

  > Since I don't know what result you expect, I don't think I can provide
  > much more assistance.  But perhaps a little debugger session would help
  > you?

  The expected result should show dramatic difference among the four
  multiplication algorithms when forced to run in the same range.

The differences can be quite small, in particular near the measured
thresholds.

  I did compile in that value, and at least didn't get crashes. However,
  the build did stop when the SQR thresholds got modified incorrectly
  in the gmp-mpara.h due to violation of assertion.

Good, your values apparently get used!