No mod for mpf_t?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Aug 24 12:24:41 CEST 2009

Matthew Lai <cyberfish at wecheer.com> writes:

  I have only been using GMP for a few hours, but out of curiosity, is
  there no modulus for mpf_t? I can't find any mentioning of it in the
  manual, and Google didn't turn up any relevant discussion about this
  either. If not, why not?

There isn't one.  I don't know why nobody ever wrote one, but perhaps it
is because modulo is usually poorly defined for non-integers.

If you want one, perhaps you could write it?  I suggest that you follow
the rules of the ISO/IEC 9899:1990 ("ISO C90") fmod.