A newbie question

Bird, John John.Bird at ca.com
Tue Aug 18 10:51:47 CEST 2009

Thank you all for your responses.

I was using the (n / 10^x) % 10 method already but was hoping that I
could exploit the fact that gmp stores numbers in an array to somehow
reduce the amount of work necessary to derive.
David - I don't have to be using base 10 here. I don't suppose the gmp
libraries support efficient digit extraction for any power of 2 base?

Regards,
John