Illegal subtraction in tmp-dive_1.s

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Apr 20 17:18:42 CEST 2009

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at normalesup.org> writes:

  > (There are some problems with GMP's configure in that it does not always
  > use the same ABI for C and C++.  That typically shows up as cxx category
  > check failures.)

  No, the C vs C++ problem in configure was that configure tests for the
  support of features such as __attribute__((const)) for the C compiler
  and never checks whether the C++ compiler also supports them. There is
  no ABI issue. This bug in configure, assuming it is still there, does
  not seem to cause any problem with the latest version of the compiler.

You're right it is more than ABI.

I agree that the real issue is that we use a C feature for deciding
things for both C and C++.  This hasn't caused enough troubles to make
me fix it, though.