[PING] S/390: Add a 64 bit gmp-mparam.h file

Andreas Krebbel krebbel at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 17 13:37:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

> 1. Your patch was not of a quality suitable for GMP
You just said that there could have been done more regarding performance
tuning. I didn't consider this a no go. What's wrong with the patch?
Btw. the configure.in change is not enough there seem to be testsuite
failures without the s390x specific header file.

> 2. You did not follow up to my reply.
Yepp sorry. S/390 has 64 bit multiply instructions which are fast and
should be used if possible. I see that for other targets the header
files are generated using the tuneup utility. I will try to have a look
at this.

But don't you agree that the patch is ok as a starting point?! The
distributors are anyway applying something similar to there srpms in
order to be able to build packages for s390x.

Bye,

-Andreas-