Using GMP by OpenCOBOL under cygwin

Jonathan Beit-Aharon jbeit-aharon at ABINITIO.COM
Mon Oct 27 21:12:09 CET 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to install Open COBOL on my PC, and running into an issue with
the (required, minimum 4.2.1) GMP.
Installed the latest GMP library the usual way (configure; make; make
install), and all seemed fine.
However, when I run configure for open-cobol, I get the following Ab-End
error:

checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking gmp.h usability... yes
checking gmp.h presence... yes
checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for __gmp_randinit in -lgmp... no
configure: error: GMP 3 or later is required
$

I didn't see anything about this in the archives -- help anyone?
Thanks,
Jonathan

   NOTICE  from Ab Initio: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender, and make no further use, disclosure, or distribution. This email (including attachments) may contain information subject to confidentiality obligations, and sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.