GMP license problem, anyone?

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 31 14:07:29 CEST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Hart" <goodwillhart at googlemail.com>
.
> I am working under the assumption that this really originated
> from you

That's a good point.
To me, the original post smellt like "troll" ... and the disharmony that has
been generated as a result of the original post makes it smell  more
strongly of "troll" ... and the fuel that this "Torbjorn Granlund" has added
to the fire with his subsequent posts smell even more strongly (yet again)
of "troll".

However, we all know (or at least most of us do) that, although Torbjorn is
not averse to the occasional prank (especially around 1st April), he is
unlikely to be intentionally trolling this list.

I know one shouldn't feed trolls, but I'll ask one question of the op
(whoever he or she happens to be):

If it could be demonstrated to you that there was a valid problem with the
GMP license, do you intend to:
a) fix the problem by having the LGPL 3 license amended ?
or
b) fix the problem by having GMP switch to a different license ?
or
c) do something other than a) or b) ?
or
d) do nothing about it at all ?
or
e) do none of the above (please specify) ?

Cheers,
Rob