GMP license problem, anyone?

Bill Hart goodwillhart at googlemail.com
Sat May 31 11:42:54 CEST 2008

If people do not wish to run GMP 4.2.2 on their machines then FLINT
will be useless to them if it uses functionality from GMP 4.2.2 or
above.

If SAGE wishes to include everything required to run SAGE, including
GMP, then to remain v2+ (or become v2+ since it actually isnt at
present) there's no point in me requiring features from GMP 4.2.2 or
above.

Of course there's nothing stopping someone linking FLINT with GMP
4.2.2 or higher if they want to. The build links dynamically at
present, so this is no problem at all.

Bill.