Could we agree to disagree and come together on improvements and clean-up?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Sat May 31 01:44:58 CEST 2008

Thomas Xkey <xkey at yahoo.com> writes:

  So, how about everyone try to come together on a redesign/cleaning-up of
  GMP/ GMP-X (aka MPIR)????

Please be specific: Exactly what do you think need to be resigned?
Exactly what needs cleaning-up?

  There are a lot of build issues with GMP that need addressed - work
  together on that?

Exactly what build issues are you talking about?

  2) Switch to a 'better' build system?

What specific problems do you see with the current build system?

Why do people insist on being so abstract on GMP improvements matters?
I too agree that GMP should be "improved".  And to tell the truth, it
would be better if it was improved a lot rather than just a little.

All those that don't like GMP and feel aggressive about it, go away!
Or fork it!  But then again, why fork something truly horrible?
Instead write something better from scratch.