GMP license problem, anyone?

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Thu May 29 10:24:07 CEST 2008

On 2008-05-29 07:53:45 +0100, Bill Hart wrote:
> Firstly FLINT actually uses extensive portions of GMP in its integer
> library. It doesn't just link against GMP, though it does that also.
> If I want to keep doing that, I am limited to what was available in
> GMP 4.2.1 if I want my project to be part of SAGE, which is at least
> philosophically committed to GPL v2+. SAGE doesn't just link against
> FLINT, it includes it, the same as it includes GMP.

If I understand correctly, you could still release some parts of the
project under (L)GPLv2+ and other parts (what is related to GMP 4.2.2)
under LGPLv3+. When you build and link the whole, it will be under
GPLv3+, but is this a problem? Why?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>