Windows Visual C++ Express x64 static binaries

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Sun May 18 11:33:08 CEST 2008

  Also, GMP doesn't support Win64 properly yet.  There are patches on
  the mailing list, but no one from GMP every committed any, so you have
  to apply them manually.  I think Tobias Wesley made them?  It was
  someone named Wesley from the MLTon project.  Without those patches,
  GMP -- under ANY compiler -- will operate incorrectly.

Unless I am mistaken, there have been no proper port to 64-bit MS
Windoze.

With "proper port" I mean changes that do not break things for
existing systems.

If people are interested in having the official GMP releases work on
some system, they need to be willing to do all the work.  I can spend
only a very limited amount of time on your favourite host, and I
typically cannot do any testing whatsoever.

A GMP port to 64-bit MS Windoze should target command oriented
interfaces such as mingw or cygwin, and work within the configure/make
system already in place.  Separate solutions ("project" files) are not
acceptable since they target non-free compilers and require separate
maintenance.

One thing to remember too is that patches, however good, never appear
in past releases.  And patches with new features will be considered
only for the next *major* release, not for a bug fix release.