Need help with compiling GMP for Windows, DevC++, Mingw combo

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 21 14:28:53 CEST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peteri" <peteris_erins at apollo.lv>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:03 PM
Subject: Need help with compiling GMP for Windows, DevC++, Mingw combo

> Doing everything according to the guide
> http://suchideas.com/journal/2007/07/installing-gmp-on-windows/ Installing
> GMP on Windows , the first error appeared when "make"ing GMP. MSYS stops
> the
> process quickly blurting out errors like m4: gcc: No such file or
> directory
> (though the file is in my c:/devcpp/bin folder & environment variable PATH
> is set accordingly), also, if it makes sense, ../mpn/m4-ccas: -c: command
> not found.
> Please, share your knowledge, if you have any experience with this, thanks
> in advance.

Small world.
Someone else posted just a few hours ago with the same error. But that
person got the error while running 'make check'.

I thought that person's problem was that 'make' had not been run prior to
the running of 'make check' ... perhaps I was wrong.

Just to confirm - you got this error while running 'make'  (not 'make
check') ?

Cheers,
Rob