Fake list censorship

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Mon Jun 2 10:34:54 CEST 2008

Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17.org> writes:

  On 2008-06-01 22:42:39 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:
  > On 1 Jun 2008, at 11:33, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
  >
  > > After Bill Hart's the insinuation that I censor the GMP lists,
  >
  > Somebody is moderating the GMP-discuss list: when I post, I get the
  > message below.

  For non-subscribers, it has been moderated for years. You're probably
  posting with an address different from you one you subscribed to the
  list or something like that.

The default is that new members also get moderated.  After a few
non-spam posts, I tend to clear the "moderate flag" for the user.

If you still get moderated after some good posts, it doesn't mean I
somehow dislike your posts; it is just that you post too infrequently
that you came over the radar screen.

There is not strict method behind it.  It is about stopping spam and
minimizing moderator work.  The disadvantage of the current system is
that in a thread, things might arrive out-of-order to subscribers'
mailboxes.

Let me proactively deny Bill Calvin Hart's expected accusations that I
ask for a huge sum of money in order to clean your moderate flag.  :-)