best way to get mantissa from mpf_t

Rev. Chris Korda victimofleisure at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:21:50 CET 2008

My friend and I are developing fixed-point functions to accelerate squaring
and adding/subtracting for a fractal explorer. The explorer uses mpf_t for
navigation, so we need to convert from mpf_t to fixed-point. We're currently
obtaining the mantissa by using mpf_get_str to convert to a hex string, and
then converting the hex into binary words. Is this a reasonable approach, or
is there something better? Should we convert to mpn_t first? We also need to
convert back the other way (from fixed-point to mpf_t) but we haven't
started working on that yet.

Best regards,

Chris
http://fractice.sourceforge.net/