Idea for modulo with fixed n in GMP

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 20 13:34:15 CEST 2008

After some googling i found some paper descriptions of Barrett's.
Indeed it is the same.

I will have a look at the implementation. Note that at > 100k bits,
especially
million bit range it is more than factor 2 faster than division
method to take modulo.

So for exponent squaring might be idea to take serious look at it.

Vincent