Windows Binaries for GMP 4.2.2

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 21 14:02:58 CEST 2007

Hi,
If I can just (perhaps) add some fuel to the fire .... do these legal
considerations impact upon the way I distribute binaries of perl modules
that use the gmp (and mpfr) libraries.

For example, if I build (on Windows, for example) the perl module Math::GMP,
*statically linked* against the gmp library, can I simply make that
Math::GMP Windows binary available for download ? Or do I need to include
some additional "stuff" (for want of a better word) with that distro ?

Note: I'm not concerned about the redistribution rights of Math::GMP
itself - there's no problems with that - I'm just wondering about the impact
of the distribution of those Math::GMP binaries upon the *gmp* licensing.

Cheers,
Rob