Big integer division efficiency

Marian Kechlibar marian.kechlibar at circletech.net
Wed Nov 7 17:52:56 CET 2007

Hi Paul,

thank you for your information. This is news for me; I did not find your
135-dec record
by google, probably because it was not a RSA-number challenge ... I will
take a look.
The 3-large prime variation is also interesting.

We definitely want to try 512-bit, but of course we want to develop GNFS
for that purpose
as well. We already have a small GNFS engine with line sieving, but
lattice sieving will
be needed for any serious factorization attempts. The current version of
GNFS is too slow
and it would benefit greatly from any enhancements (like the one I
started this thread with).

Best regards

Marian