Solaris Sparc

Steve Cover sdcgkc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 21:52:31 CET 2007

Hi,

     I have a customer that is interested in running gmp on Sun's new UltraSPARC T2  chip running solaris.

I have heard that gmp performance is slow on the T1000 T2000 boxes(UltraSparc T1) but I haven't heard how gmp runs on

the new box, the 5120, 5220 (UltraSparc T2). Anyone have any experience with the UltraSparc T2 and GMP?
I have also heard that the assembly code involved has not been ported to the UltraSparc T2 boxes
resulting in the slower performance. Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve