gmp/ pari-gp compilation problem

David Harvey dmharvey at math.harvard.edu
Sat May 5 13:48:12 CEST 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 6:00 AM, gmp-discuss-request at swox.com wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: truncated or malformed archive: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.a
> (ranlib structures in table of contents extends past the end of the
> table of contents, can't load from it)

I have seen this error message on mac OS 10.4.9 before, when I had
done a 64-bit build of GMP and was trying to link my own code to it.
I was building my code as 64-bit and I got the above error. I found
the solution was to explicitly use the -m64 flag for the *linker*
(which doesn't seem to be necessary on other platforms).

I have no idea if that's your problem, if not I'm sorry for wasting
your time.

david