How can I find my gmp library

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Fri Jul 27 09:35:51 CEST 2007

On 2007-07-27 07:59:07 +0100, Jan Doornaert wrote:
> Well, Bin YANG did execute "make install" - this may have put the header
> file where it is accessible through the INCLUDE path.

In his first message, Bin YANG said that he got

checking for GMP library... checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for libgmp... configure: error: Could not find gmp library

*before* he downloaded GMP and did configure / ... / make install
(and said he got the same error after installing the GMP version he
downloaded). So, I don't understand why gmp.h was found if libgmp3-dev
wasn't installed and a manual GMP installation wasn't done yet.

When something like that occurs, you can still have a broken system
after installing libgmp3-dev, because there would be two versions of
"gmp.h", and you should make sure the right one is picked up.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>