How can I find my gmp library

Michael Abshoff Michael.Abshoff at fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 26 12:24:30 CEST 2007

Hello,

Are you talking about http://www.okws.org/doku.php?id=sfslite ?

> checking for GMP library... checking for gmp.h... yes
> checking for libgmp... configure: error: Could not find gmp library
>
> I donwload the gmp-4.2.1.tar.bz2, and install it as follows:
> ./configure --host=x86
> make
> make check
> make install

So it appears that the gmp builds fine and works as expected.

> But the same error still exists.

The autoconf toolchain of sfslite fails to find the gmp, so you might want
to ask the authors of sfslite what the problem might be. The gmp is not at
fault here, so unless somebody here is familiar with sfslite you are out
of luck.

You might also want to check if you cannot give a path to the gmp via some
configure option (of sfslite), even though that script should find the gmp
in the default directory. You might want to check if the library is really
there, maybe you don't have quote left or permission.

> What should I do?

Ask the sfslite people about this problem.

> --
> Bin YANG
> Fudan University
> Shanghai, P. R. China