VS2005 compilation

Krishna M Singh kmsingh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:51:18 CET 2007

Hi

We were using the gmp.lib with earlier builds of our project using MS
VC6.0 and it was fine. Now we are moving to MS Visual Studio 2005 and
we got following error during linking.

Creating library c:\gateways\ipgw\hck/hck.lib and object
c:\gateways\ipgw\hck/hck.exp
3>gmp.lib(memory.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__iob referenced in function ___gmp_default_allocate
3>gmp.lib(assert.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
3>c:\gateways\ipgw\hck\hck.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Any idea how to resolve this issue. I feel we need to compile this
library as well for VS2005. I tried to follow the
http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/
got error
abs.c
.\gmp-impl.h(102) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'fib_table.h': No such file or directory

as well as http://fp.gladman.plus.com/computing/gmp4win.htm
but in that also got errors..

Any idea how can i build this or fix above issue. Any location where
already te static version of this library is present..?.

thanks and regards
Krishna