MinGW, gmp, mpfr

Wolfgang0815 at gmx.de Wolfgang0815 at gmx.de
Tue Sep 26 23:45:55 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

It seems to work now. With your hints, I found two solutions:
1. Copy the content of "C:\msys\1.0\local" to "C:\MinGW"
  or
2. Execute "./configure  --with-gmp=/local"

With one of this additional steps, configure runs without problems. In the next days, I will check if make also runs smoothly for mpfr.

I'm still wondering: What is the 'standard' way of installing a package like gmp (or mpfr or similar)? How do I get the compiler to find the header and lib files by itself? Is it standard procedure to copy the "local" directory to "MinGW" (which is the root directory inside MSys). Or can I tell "make install" to do so? I'd like to use gmp without telling the compiler where to find gmp.h and the libs each time I compile or link something with gmp.
(Sorry if this is a stupid question - I'm still a newbie).

Thanks again for all your great help
(sorry for my crappy english)

Wolfgang