32-bit gmp on sol10

richard rgoodmas at somtel.com
Tue Oct 31 18:27:25 CET 2006

Gergely wrote:

>Sorry if I send it twice, but I guess I sent it too early once.
>
>Hi GMP people,
>
>I would like to have a 32-bit gmp for my Solaris 10 box. I did the
>following and got:
>
>-bash-3.00$ ./configure --prefix=/home/budayg/gmp ABI=32
>checking build system type... ultrasparc3-sun-solaris2.10
>checking host system type... ultrasparc3-sun-solaris2.10
>checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
>checking whether build environment is sane... yes
>checking for mawk... no
>checking for gawk... no
>checking for nawk... nawk
>checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
>checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
>configure: error: ABI=32 is not among the following valid choices: standard
>
>Is it possible to do this or just I was not smart enough to do it?
>
>- Gergely

You might check the archives.
swox.com/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2005-June/000207.html
I'm not familiar with the sparc3, but I know from the gmp benchmarks it
has mediocre performance.
What does ./configure.guess answer?
Perhaps 'standard' is your best choice?
A google search uncovers a plethora of gcc/sparc issues.

richard