a GMP project

John Hughes jhughes at frostburg.edu
Sun Oct 8 19:19:19 CEST 2006

I'm currently developing Java class BigZ, an instance of which
is backed by a GMP integer. Unlike other GMP-backed Java big
integer classes (e.g., Kaffe's BigInteger), BigZ will offer nearly
all of the mpz_t functionality. I plan to release BigZ under the
GPL.

My Department doesn't have its own web server. When I've finished
developing BigZ, would you be willing to publicize it and perhaps
even make it available for download on your site?

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

John Hughes

John Hughes
Department of Computer Science
Frostburg State University
101 Braddock Road
Frostburg, MD 21532
301.687.4037

Logical thinking and real life are not two separate orbits. Logic is
for man the only means to master the problems of reality.

-- Ludwig von Mises

When one has a great deal to put into it a day has a hundred pockets.

-- Nietzsche

Our understanding of the world is achieved more effectively by
conceptual improvements than by discovery of new facts....

-- Ernst Mayr