Uniform random number is not Uniform!!!

rohan rohan076 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:58:32 CEST 2006

I used the unsigned long mpz_urandomm(ran, s, N) function to generate a
random number. the documentation says that the number generated will be
uniformly distributed between 0 and n-1 inclusive!!! but after running the
program several times i realised that for smaller N's the random numbers are
better distributed in the range 0 to n-1
I wrote this small piece of code, it basically generates random numbers from
0 to n-1, where n = z^ex
---------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <gmp.h>