configure failure

Paul Leyland paul at leyland.vispa.com
Thu Nov 30 21:52:11 CET 2006

"m4" is the rather inscrutable name of a macro preprocessor.  It is
available for the Cygwin system (or, at least, it was available when I
last installed Cygwin a couple of years ago) and I suggest that you go
looking for it at the Cygwin download site from where you installed your
software.

Good luck.  It can be non-trivial trying to install software which is
designed around the paradigm that "every operating system looks like
Unix".  To forestall the inevitable protests, I'll state that it can be
non-trivial to work around the assumption that "everyone runs Windows".
I have personal experience in both camps and feel the pain of each.

Paul